Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] Pre 55 Oval windscreen + misc glass

nugent23

June 15, 2007
Dublin
I have the following glass from a Pre '55 Oval (as seen in the link below). I thought i'd hang onto it until i got one, but thats not gonna happen. Worth €100 for the lot to anyone? Or highest offer. Cant get into photobucket at moment, so have attached Pics. (mods if these are too big please feel free to remove)

Windscreen - Light wiper scratches, rubber seal with clean trim, (rubber a bit dry)
2 x quater lights / fly windows - Frames rotten
1 x door glass
1 x rear side window
1 x oval rear window rubber seal with trim (rubber a bit dry)
1 x rear side window trim

I dont know if the rubbers are useable, but the trim is clean.

http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/sh...-quot-restoration.-(Bog-Find!)&highlight=oval

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74

nugent23

June 15, 2007
Dublin
Sorry trev no other oval bits to hand. I did take the indicator stalk/switch and the wiper mechanism of the car at the time, but left them in someones shed. Don't know if they ard still there. I can find out if you were interested in them.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
nah, I have a rear window. More interested in the side window and maybe door glass. I must check what I have in door glass. Maybe trims too. If you could find out about the indicator stalk and wiper mech I'd appreciate it.

I got my oval shell devoid of pretty much all its parts. I've slowly been collecting the bits to build it up over the last decade or so!!!

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
sounds like between trev, me and deckie we could split the lot, i'd take the front screen off ya.

nugent23

June 15, 2007
Dublin
Right so who wants what and for how much? One of ye (Trev!) should just take the lot and make it easy for me. ;-)
Trev, i'll take some pictures of the rubber tonight. Its not crumbling, but its not exactly fresh either. i was more just throwing it in because i had it there. I'll find out about the wiper mech and indicator and let you know, they were in my sisters shed in leitrim, so i'll have to look when im down there, she wouldnt know what she was looking for.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
do you need the front screen rubber and trim ben or just the glass? I could do with the trim, I'll get new rubbers...

if so I'll take the

Windscreen rubber seal with clean trim, (rubber a bit dry)
2 x quater lights / fly windows - Frames rotten
1 x door glass
1 x rear side window
1 x oval rear window rubber seal with trim (rubber a bit dry)
1 x rear side window trim

and I'll offer €50 for that lot. A few quid more for the wiper motor and column switch when they're located :) Might be in Dublin on Saturday depending on the mother-in-law (don't ask ::) ). Where are you?

nugent23

June 15, 2007
Dublin
Trev, the Oval rubber is fooked, looks good on outside face with trim, but inside lip is rotted away. If ye still want the rest for €45, i'll PM ye my number. im in laytown, meath, will be there all sat, or we can figure something else out.
56Oval, im thinking more like €50. Could also do some swapping for Early bay bits.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Trev, the Oval rubber is fooked, looks good on outside face with trim, but inside lip is rotted away. If ye still want the rest for €45, i'll PM ye my number. im in laytown, meath, will be there all sat, or we can figure something else out.
56Oval, im thinking more like €50. Could also do some swapping for Early bay bits.

Don't know if I'm stepping on toes but if Ben doesn't want the front glass for €50, I'll take it.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois

OK, it's the trim I'm more interested in, I'll get new rubbers when the time comes. PM me your number and we'll make arrangements for Saturday.

cheers :)