Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1303 VW beetle for sale

StarryWalsh

Club Member
Club Member
September 28, 2011
Waterford City
I have decided that this little Bug is just not for me.

1973, 1600 TP Engine, Custom Paint work, amazing condition.NO RUST €7000 ONO
Registered in Ireland

I may accept a SWAP, something modern with an Automatic Gearbox preferably, but can be manual, to the value of 7k. Or cash going either way.

I may swap for another classic - try me

Car is 100%

Oh - something Britt didn't tell me about, it has a fantastic sound system, cd player, i-pod connection in glove box, speakers front and back!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3550965.htm

DSC00259.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCN1492.jpg

Last edited:

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
It might sell easier if you brought it in. Not that hard to do and save awkward questions.

I was going to suggest the same thing. If its registered here with duties paid it'd also be easier to sell into the UK if you don't find a buyer here - its one less thing to distract a potential buyer.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Sorry to hear its not for you Mark but can I ask what put you off it? I know it was your first Beetle but is it just you prefer the more modern stuff? :)

I see this car leaving this island again and heading to the UK unfortunately. :(

StarryWalsh

Club Member
Club Member
September 28, 2011
Waterford City
Hi knk,

This is my second classic, (first was a mini, which was eventually 1430cc) maybe I am comparing it to my mini, but the Bug seems more delicate then the mini, I can't drive it as hard as I would like too.

I am going to keep the Bug running each Sunday though, and get to a few shows hopefully. It's a cracking car.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Fab car there Mark,I'd be all over it like a rash if I had the dosh.Would you not consider uprating the suspension and punching out the engine for more oomph..?A well sorted 03 will handle brilliantly on a back road with a bit of arse out action as well..

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
No need to upgrade the suspension it has adjustable coil overs and ft. and rear anti sway bars. It used to have a 165 hp 2276cc engine in it. Take the wide 5 alloys with spacers off and put on some 4 bolt 2 litre Porsche alloys with some 205 rubber and scare the hell out of yourself.

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Take the wide 5 alloys with spacers off and put on some 4 bolt 2 litre Porsche alloys with some 205 rubber and scare the hell out of yourself.

you know, I reckon you're right. Those wheels are ET23 which is very shallow, add in some adapters, more than likely 25mm thick, then you get ET -2. On a car that's designed to use ET35 wheels sure that's going to completely screw up the steering geometry.