Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Portlaoise Get Together - Sart 25 Feb 2012!!!!

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
On Sat 25th Feburary & 10am , weather permitting ect. I will park my Beetle in the Maldron Hotel carpark in Portlaoise. If anyone wants to join me they can and we will have a meet up for some grub, maybe a little run afterwords if people want. Anybody up for this?

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
We're still doing a breakfast roll on 4th Feb in Limerick. Hope these don't take from each other.

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
We're still doing a breakfast roll on 4th Feb in Limerick. Hope these don't take from each other.

I was innitially thinking of having it in March (to have one each month) but the Feb 25th date suits me better, No matter what date we pick it won't suit everybody, so following the advice I got at the AGM, I said I would just pick a date and location and see who turns up.

In the Summer months we have a show nearly every week somewhere, does that mean that the Terrenure show takes from the Mosney show, or that Eirespares tales from Mondello or whatever? Not really. You just set the dates and see who turns up.

We are aiming at different parts of the country aswell, Dublin people mightn't want to go to Limerick because of the distance but they might come to Portlaoise, where Clare people might attend Limerick but they mightn't consider Portlaoise because its so far away. Of course everyone is welcome at all the meets no matter where they live but some people might attend something fairly near them where they mightn't go to one further off.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare

There's three weeks between the two meets so they shouldn't crowd each other.

Put me down as a tentative yes for the 25th PJ.

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I was thinking of maybe heading out to Castletown village for a little run and a few pictures after the meet (a few miles out the road).
Its nothing special just a little village but we could get a few photos by the old mill there (if anyone brings a camera).

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Seeing the success we had at the Limerick meet we will see if we can equal it at this one...

So it's list time lads....
1. PJ (61 or 67 Beetle)