Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 58 Double Door Panel Safaris, Lowered Empis 13.5K Euro Landed

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
My friend gave me the heads up that this is for sale soon. It's beautiful and drives great. No trailer no rack but it's a proven driver. Located in Arizona ( Dry Dry Dry) and I can get it to port.

The price listed is all in delivered to Dublin in an enclosed trailer, taxes, duties,vat all paid.

This will go very fast.

58DDPanel.jpg

58DDpanelopen.jpg

58DDPanelbehind.jpg

This shows the interior only I don't know if the tent is included.

58Panelinside.jpg

Last edited:

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
What motor was in it?
I can't get over that price.. I wouldn't even consider selling our 58 panel for that, and this looks a straighter van than ours..
Love the signwriting too..
Bargain!

Roadcow

Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I think it was a 1904 but don't remember. It's just been on a 400 mile trip along route 66. The owner is a fantastic panel beater and turns out some very nice Buses. He's a good friend and I've seen this bus it's as close to perfect as you can get for a driver. He has over $20K in receipts for parts not including labor. If there was rust it was replaced with Gerson's Funky Green repair metal, which I believe to be the best and thickest metal around.

Roadcow

Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Presently 3 people in Ireland, 1 in england, and 1 in the US have expressed an interest in the Bus. It's on Done deal as well. I only have 1 week before the price goes up so did the shotgun approach. I've got a call into John asking for more details and pictures for those interested.

Roadcow

Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Holy Cow!!!! I just got off of the phone with John. This thing is amazing. Let's see if I can remember it all. Vanagon/ T-25 front seats with arm rests, retractable 3 point seat belts with anchor points welded into the B pillar. Flip down 19" DVD player, removed Upper vents as it was OG a bench seat. It has belly pans no rust, new nose, new wheel wells, new floors in front, It has dropped spindles in front and John removed the bus rear end and shoehorned in a 76 Super beetle complete rear end in so that makes the rear narrower by X amount so you can run larger tires and still get them out when you need to change them. It's IRS so it rides smooth and all Bug componants so cheap to maintain! I'm getting a huge Build set of pictures about 3 pm my time. It comes with a CB radio and Sirrius radio built in.Pm me for a special treat that may go with the Bus for cheap money. :^) Oh it has no windscreen wipers currently It dose'nt rain in Arizona and John uses RainX