Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] Complete DRLA36 setup for 1600cc engine

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
Hi,

I have a complete DRLA36 setup for sale. Includes CB linkage, manifolds, filters and of course the carbs.

Carbs need a wee bit of work. I bought them unseen (was relying on someone else to do the buying and they did not do a really good job). One of the bodies has a small bit of damage in a non critical area, but having spoken to Caddy, he said it could be repaired or a replacement body could be sourced handy enough.. They could probably do with a really good clean as they were sitting in a box in my garden shed for close to 10 years :rolleyes:

They are on the car at the minute and even though they have not been set up properly at all, she fairly flies! She is a little ropey on tickover but I just cannot seem to get a few hours to fly up to Dave and Ben to get them sorted. Need a low maintenance solution that i can manage myself so back to the 34PICT for me!

I'm looking for eur350 ono... Haggle haggle haggle..

Dual drla 36 by diarmuidmcd, on Flickr

Am based in Clogherhead, about 5 minutes from Dunany (Vantastival) if anyone wants to have a look at them.

Cheers,

Diarmuid

Last edited:

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I'm Very interested and if you need anything for your Bug I may be able to trade you some fresh Calif. doors or other panels for the carbs. PM me if nobody is in front of me here.I also have some funds available.

Last edited:

Compleat Idiot

April 15, 2007
Furthur
will have to take them out first! will try to do so at weekend.. tis but a flesh wound :)

HolyGrail019.jpg

I seem to remember Caddy saying he has a spare carb body there if it turned out to be needed - you're letting em go cheap our kid :D

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
Sorry Deckie.. tried about 20 different angles but couldnt get a shot of the crack... it looks like some one dropped one of the bodies onto a the corner of a bench. it is a small hole on one of the main throttle bodies... the venturi inside the carb is not damaged and it seems to work fine. there is a little air leak at tickover causing an occasional pop in the exhaust at idle. the smallet bit of epoxy putty would seal it..

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
@complete - No time to futer with them our kid to get them going right.. price reflects their condition... they will need someone to give them a few hours in the ultrasonic bath and a rebuild kit to get them fully road worthy!