Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] The POS - 1964 rot free patina'd Beetle

69bug

Bugless
Club Member
Jeez cathal... Really think you should hang onto her rather
Than "giving" her away..

Coxy I think you should get rid of the other POS first, sorry, I mean Burty :p and hang onto the "good" POS for the summer....

U do know your going to miss the Safari driving, the flies between your teeth, your jaws ripped to the back of your forehead, the tears coming from your eyes like you were staring into a hair drier, and your hair blowing in the window like a L'oreal TV ad........(Just said I'd let you know what your missing ;))

Best of Luck with the sale Coxy...(y)

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Might as well own up now.

Couldn't let it go. Begged the wife this morning and got the go ahead (sort of) so had to jump on it.

It really is some car for the money.

Thanks again Cathal (and all the guy's that gave their time to work on it). I'll try not to mess it up! Still haven't decided what to do with it. I like Beag's idea of the shiny paint job but wonder if it would ruin the appeal of the car.

I'll keep ye updated. Just want to get it on the road as it is for this season.

69bug

Bugless
Club Member
I think you kinnda gave it away earlier Kieran, looking to get any number at all for Cathal....

Congrats on the Sale and looking forward to seein you out and about in it...a clear coat and slammed...(that would be me) :D

Best of Luck......

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
I think you kinnda gave it away earlier Kieran, looking to get any number at all for Cathal....

Yeah, I knew I was probably giving it away but I was in a panic at the time. Was afraid I missed the boat as I only saw the ad this morn.
Cheers.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Still haven't decided what to do with it. I like Beag's idea of the shiny paint job but wonder if it would ruin the appeal of the car.

I always liked this 64 in Cali and thought that the POS would look amazing if repainted in its OG colour.
fsgnfgn-1.jpg

fgsg-1.jpg

dfbdg-1.jpg

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I knew this wouldn't be up for long but very glad to see it stay on Irish soil. Well done Kieran and a massive thumbs up to the wife for giving the green light. ;) I can only imagine the scene this morning...a small child, down on bended knees, clasped hands, begging for permission! :) Been there done that! Now I just find a place in the garage and roll it in when she's not home. Reminds me, must make room for my new purchase which will be picked up this evening. ;)

Congrats on sale Coxy...ya FOOL! ;)

Ps: forgot the shiny paint Kieran...run it as is, more character in my opinion.

Last edited: