Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] For Sale - Snow Tyres for Beetle/Scat Shifter/Dixie Horn

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I have a few bits here that I had for the 1302 that I'm selling off.

1. Set of 4 Snow Tyres for 70's Beetle with rims:
I used those during the snow last winter and they are far superior to the standard tyre. They have big grips and little studs to grip into the snow and ice. One lad was telling me that the bolt holes on the rims are worn, I used them last year without problem but whoever is buying them is welcome to inspect them for themselves.

Price: €100 for the set, ONO. PIC_0005.JPGPIC_0006.JPG

2. Scat Shifter:
In very good condition, I used it on the 1302 for a while but took it off and went back to using the ordinary gear shifter.

Price: €80 ONO.PIC_0008.JPG

3. Dixie Horn:
This is a loud Dixie Horn. It plays a tune. I have the individual trumpets and compressor attached to a piece of galvanize so it can be placed in the boot of a car and easily removed when not wanted.

Price:€50 ONO.PIC_0003.JPG

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
ask me again in January and I might take those tyres off you! ;)

would you not keep them for your Golf? You'd pick up a set of 15" steel wheels to suit your Golf cheap enough and transfer the tyres onto them. You might be glad of them, the front engine front wheel drive Golf would have even less grip on the snowy hills than your rear engine rear drive beetle did.

remember this? ;)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
You're right......snow tyres would not have helped at all this year unless I needed to get to the shop to buy more loo roll when it was snowing!

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I didn't use them during the recent snow because they won't fit any of the cars I have at the moment without changing the rims. These are for a 4 stud Beetle. They wont fit my Beetles because they are 5 stud and they wont fit the Golf. I had no problem with the Golf with the standard tyres anyway, I was able to get around with it. And they were always up for sale, I am just refreshing the add to remind people.