Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] '78 Derby

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
saw that earler. It's a proper early model with wraparound bumpers, early round lamp grille and early dash. Late model kicked in in '79.

Looks like a proper shitter alright. I'd like the bumpers off it though ;)

krissovo

Club Member
Club Member
August 9, 2010
Cork
I was drooling over that most of yesterday, I even considered buying it straight away after the add was up for 5mins and would have done if it were not for my back.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Oh right sorry cheers for clearin that up. Agh ya know me now everyone to they're own and all that, whatever floats your boat etc etc etc

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
been driving mine the last couple of days, haven't gone near it in months. It's great fun to drive. Small and nippy. Like Jennifer Aniston...

jennifer-aniston-pokies.jpg

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
Trev ya want to watch postin a picture like that doen't get ya banned!!!!!!!!

Have you seen pjs sig?!!?

Took me a while to get the derby thing. When i was growing up, in my home town, anyone who drove a derby was
a) retired
b) a farmer
c) both
They were possibly the slowest, meanest and dullest car around at the time. Skinny wheels & tyres, shitty dull colours, basic poverty interior. Wheezy little engines with 4speed box. Nothing cheerful about the car or their owners at all. Dull & mean.
After seeing Trevs ratty one with updated mechanicals from a recent polo, I realised they're not a bad looking car at all, and they make a great q-car too. So i get it now!
Anyone do a job on a 3door polo squareback/breadvan now for me? hated them too!