Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Pre 1979 Folding Camping Picnic Table and chairs

July 15, 2010
Dublin
Hi,
I'm hunting for a vintage folding camper table and chairs, they must be period and around 1970's. I've attached pictures of one kind that'd be appropriate. My brother mentioned it might be a good idea to ask on this forum as I need it only for the month of August, so hiring could be an option.
I've been trying to purchase one but they're pretty hard to come by!
Its to go into a 1970's Carlight Caravan for a TV shoot so it must look the part.
Anyone have a lead?
Thanks,
Claire.

Attachments

• Foldaway table.jpg
    Foldaway table.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Foldaway table2.jpg
    Foldaway table2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 63

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Hi Claire, I've a modren one of them folding table you can have a lent of and you can paint it red if you want but I don't have any chairs, the table is the exact same size and style.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
ok ok, you'd had to be here in 1979. so that rules out two of the above, one wasn't born and one wasn't here so Coxy knows what I mean and we were all good catholics back then:innocent: so there wasn't any of those filthty thoughts not in public anyway.:praying:

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
So he's just like the rest of us then...................

That's reassuring..................

:D

I think the colour of our shite is where the similarities end for me.

I'm sure I've seen somebody with a camping set just like that... Can't remember who...

July 15, 2010
Dublin
Hi all,
I'll peer through the mist of stool talk, clearly a boys topic ;) ... and say thankyou for the responses! Brian, sounds good, thanks for the offer! The colour of it doesn't matter so much (in fact its better not white), the style and the quality of it is much more important. It must look vintage, if I have the choice I'd not paint one as I'd want it to look original and good condition. (not discounting touch-ups!).View attachment 3771View attachment 3772
Here's two more pics of items that'll be brilliantly appropriate. Could the modern one you have, look 1970's? They haven't changed much, but the subtleties matter.
These images I got from ebay, the chair is great (there will be a big man sitting down, so its prob better than the pope stools!)(LazyDog please resist..;)), there's a few, but none that'll post to dear old Ireland.

Last edited:

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I just remembered, it's my sister and her fiance that have the set exactly like the one in the first pic, but I don't think they'd let anyone borrow it, it's of great sentimental value to Luca as he has owned and used it since he was a kid. Sorry.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Fuck off. That was wrecking my head, when it finally came to me I had to share. :p