Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] For sale -66 beetle

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
mac if its still there in a couple of weeks i'll give ya a bell, i'm suprised its not gone already. going to see if i can get a few quid together count up the money jar, check under the mattress etc etc. in the mean time any chance of a few more pics? can it be done while still drivin it?

mac

Club Member
Club Member
This car is very close to been kept and moth balled ,but if ya wanna come take a look by all means -I'll try get some more pics up shortly -honestly I can't see why this car has stayed around it would really make a cracking car -yes the chanells and floors need done but I bought the v-lux /Beetle a 1977 POS for more than that and it had no floors engine interior .
Anyways Duts I don't think it's possible to do it whilst driving very hard to see the road through a welding shield LOL ,I have the front beam and floor pans -get them sorted and she's good to go.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Anyways Duts I don't think it's possible to do it whilst driving very hard to see the road through a welding shield LOL.
Hee hee he. fuck it i think i will head down your way and shur if nothin else comes of it i get to see the clubhouse! where abouts are ya and when would suit? would a 70's axle fit?

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Duts this is a lovely car.The pics actually dont do it justice.I loved it when i saw it and what mac says needs to be done will probably be all that needs doing cos he went right through it all.I was buying it from him till the 'ol credit union said i cant have me own money !!!.So if you have the dosh i would jump on it.Oh and mac makes a great cup of coffee...just be careful its not coxys cup cos i think he gets offended :p

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Duts this is a lovely car.The pics actually dont do it justice.I loved it when i saw it and what mac says needs to be done will probably be all that needs doing cos he went right through it all.I was buying it from him till the 'ol credit union said i cant have me own money !!!.So if you have the dosh i would jump on it.Oh and mac makes a great cup of coffee...just be careful its not coxys cup cos i think he gets offended :p

Yeah i'm tryin to beg borrow and steal every red cent, i don't know yet, i'm hopin to head down tomorrow and see. Ive decided to sell a few parts i have at home, raise a few quid so if theres anything ya need give me a shout. I'm breakin two 70's beetles most parts available? credit union not givin ya your own money hate that.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
A few of the lads had a nosey around this the other day up in the clubhouse. I think they all agreed it's alot of car for the money mac is asking for it.
Please somebody buy this so I can tell Mac I've bought something to take its place!

(it's ok Mac, I haven't)

(yet) :D

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
mac if its still there in a couple of weeks i'll give ya a bell, i'm suprised its not gone already. going to see if i can get a few quid together count up the money jar, check under the mattress etc etc. in the mean time any chance of a few more pics? can it be done while still drivin it?

Bash the shit out of that money jar!!!!!

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Mac, any sign of those extra photo's? Are you still selling the car or is it gone? I'm looking for something pre-67, preferrably with not too much welding as I will have to send it out somewhere to get this done and dont have the dosh at the mo. Can you give me a full list of the bodywork that needs to be done? Photo's of these areas would be great.
Cheers,
Kieran.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
These are the only pics I have for it if that helps.
IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg