Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

New profile posts

Hi Mick,
I have paid the annual fee through PayPal.
The insurance company is looking for proof of membership.
Is there a document maybe that you could email me that I could use for this purpose?
Thanks a mill. fergaltim@yahoo.com
0894839978 galway reg beetle
Starting to Polish paint.

Attachments

• IMG_20240225_140636.jpg
    IMG_20240225_140636.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240225_131913.jpg
    IMG_20240225_131913.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240225_130128.jpg
    IMG_20240225_130128.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240226_161548_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226_161548_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Pete66
P
Pete66
Lovely Ger. I looked at that car myself before you bought it. I’ll add you to the what’s app group tomorrow 👍
P
Pete66
It should polish up very well. Its paint work was in need of a bit of love for sure .
Hi alser .. actually a water cooled I'm after .. should have stated that ...have a 1.9 dg looking to swap for same tks and good look with the sale
Hi Joe,

I hope you are keeping well.
May I ask in private your asking price as I'd be very interested in the car... I've been a big fan of type 3 and might also discuss what's involved etc.
Kind regards, Darren 0864042248
Joe
Joe
Hiya Darren, I think your message might be meant for Johnny Mickey rather than me. Hope all's good with you
Hey Stump (apologies, I don’t know you real name).
Thanks for selecting my bug photo for the calendar.
you were looking some more info on it, it’s a late 67 1500 single port 12v first of the bugs to get disk brakes, originally registered in England. Has a genuine Golde 3 fold ragtop installed by Allard coach-works company in Putney. Apparently they were the only VW authorised company allowed to install them into outside of Wolfsburg.

Last on Uk roads around 1995, officially imported into the Ireland around 10 years ago. Underwent full body off restoration got whatever was needed (quite a lot inc. new loom) and engine rebuilt by the legendary late Tommy Murray, fired up on the button when it was reinstalled. Went back to bare steel and it’s original stock colour of Chinchilla grey. The ragtop was originally black vinyl but I thought the burgundy Sewfine canvas just helped to give it that wee bit more touch of class. Only back on the road last month.
I’ve been slowly doing bits over the last 15 years on it and am looking forward to enjoying it for years to come. I must actually get it entered into the census.
Thanks again and hope to meet you in person soon.
Eamonn
Hi, Im trying to join but cant figure out how to pay. When I go to the join section I just get a PDF form.Can you help?
Michael Kane
Hi There, I spoke to First Ireland yesterday about taking out a classic car insurance policy and was referred to you to get a membership.
Can you please let me know how I should go about applying ?
Thank you
Kobus Louw
Mobile: 087 625 9055
So here are the wheels on the car! The paint shows signs of staining from the tyre, as I suspected it would, but for a summer of pleasure I’m satisfied with the result. Replenishment is easy. All done by hand.
Hi I'm a new member and I have just paid my sub this morning. I need membership details for the insurance company - can you send them please?
HI i am new and went to join the club dont really understand how to pay for it could i get bit of help .
would like to pay online