Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Volksworld 2014

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
How did you get the pics already Mikey?
I thought it wasn't on until the end of NEXT March............:D

We stayed in the Travel lodge last year in Kingston upon Thames.
There's two of them and they're only a stones throw apart.
Prices are pretty good too £25 to £30 per room per night
plus your in the center of town for restaurants/ pubs/ etc.
There is a car park across the road or a bus is about 5 mins walk
from the hotel that stops outside the show
or a Taxi is about £12 to £15.

Last edited:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Just to give you an update of the Irish contingent bringing their VWs which will be on display.

The very first car to be seen as you enter Sandown Park will be the crazy Rat look Oval built by the Williams' Brothers.

Next up will be Ivy as built by Shane.

And finally, Darren O'Beirne's Bay Window will take pride of place in the very cool Bay Window display inside the main hall.........
After nearly 50 years in continuous production, December 31st 2013 marked the end of the line for the Volkswagen Bay Window Camper. We will be paying homage to this design classic at the 2014 VolksWorld Show with a display of vehicles illustrating its development from launch to the final Buses off the production line. Housed in a specially built recreation of a ’60s VW show room, you’ll find Bay’s harking from all eras. There will be early models, late Bays, the last ever air-cooled model produced and one of the final water-cooled vehicles off the production line.
This will be one not to be missed. Plus every visitor to the showroom will receive a special momento from the Bay Window’s history.

Anyone else coming over? Who fancies a convoy?

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I'll be on board in Darren's bus with a few others, should be a good road trip :D

....convoy sounds good (y)

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
Hah Coxy! Flip you know more than me lol! Lee treated me the trip so I'm heading over Friday night on plane. Really looking forward to it, so come on lads who else is going?