Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] t4 diesel engine

darragh

Club Member
Club Member
July 2, 2007
Co. kildare
the timing belt has snapped on my t4 2.5d
timing belt was well with in its service period but decided to snap anyway so much for main dealers and a full service history
so im looking to get this van back on the road looking for and engine or maybe someone who can take on the repair of the old one
regards
darragh

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
1.9TDI conversion maybe? I believe the Passat AFN 110BHP is a nice conversion? Mind you, I know fuck all about the T4s, I'm only going on half-remembered beer-talk so I could be completely wide of the mark (again!) ;)

darragh

Club Member
Club Member
July 2, 2007
Co. kildare
1.9TDI conversion maybe? I believe the Passat AFN 110BHP is a nice conversion? Mind you, I know fuck all about the T4s, I'm only going on half-remembered beer-talk so I could be completely wide of the mark (again!) ;)
mmm im open to suggestion cheep is best as always lol
thanks

Lorcan

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Dublin
2.4d or 2.5tdi?
I changed an engine for a guy last year in one of these 2.4d. The cheapest option is to find a good replacement engine, you'd need to change the box and a load of other mods if you want to go 1.9.

eiret3

Club Member
Club Member
February 12, 2014
Connacht
Yes. If van has full vw service, if Timing belt was replaced by VW then if belt snapped inside it service life (I think 60k miles/4years) then vw are liable. Contact the garage that last replaced the belt. They would have a record of it.

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
If you do go 1.9tdi try get an engine from a caddy , golf , bora as they are better suited , passat and A4 engines will fit but need more work