Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

t25 oil diptstick

hofmann

April 30, 2015
United Kingdom
hi folks
just registered and have a 1989 watrcooled 1900cc petrol T25 called FRAN
oil dipstick appears incomplete - definitely does not look like it does in original manual - so dipping oil is inaccurate
where can i get a replacement?
justcampers.com cant help
hofmann
belfast

greeners

Club Member
Club Member
May 12, 2014
Limerick
Hi Hofmann,
I'm sure someone on here will have a spare.. but if it helps the dipstick measures 38.5cm long from where plastic sits on dipstick pipe, there are two twists marking high and low markings the high one is 32cm's down and the low mark is 37cm's down from pipe rim.... just measured one for ya, sadly it's not a spare!! good luck with Fran

hofmann

April 30, 2015
United Kingdom
thanks greeners, good start
is the measurement from the very top of the plastic knob or the bottom, where it meets the metal??
i think from the bottom if i am reading your info correctly
very helpful - will measure today - my mechanic likely right then when he thinks bottom has snapped off as there is only one twisty bit!!
presume it is the high mark, hence i now know we have overfilled her with oil. from your experience, what can happen these engines if overfilled with oil??
many many thanx again greeners, great stuff
ps. if anyone has a spare will gladly send them a few quid for it. Ta

greeners

Club Member
Club Member
May 12, 2014
Limerick
from the bottom of the plastic!! ..... if you overfill with oil it can over pressurise crankcase and blow oil out through breathers,or blow main oilseal, also when engine not running it will seep out throughpushrod tubes and bores and pistons into head chamber area and make starting difficult and smokey...

Last edited: