Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] T25 Engine hatch and surround

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
...Ive a spare hatch; its a bit battered, but if your sectioning it, should be easy to get straight again... don't have a surround; they a bit ark ward to cut out of the t25 - the hinge end, n they are often rotten, as its so close to the back bulkhead...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I cut the surround out of a type25 in the past about 3" the whole way around the hatch, it's a pig of a job and ends up in two pieces.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
...I have trev's old surround he describes above - lotta spot welds to be drilled out with this approach, from looking at the panel - you did a good job there Trev, n its well reusable for my bay... another option might be making a surround from L shaped 1.2 mm inch x inch section - the kind you co-incidentally find on 'road works ahead' signs, which is what I had in mind before I got trev's surround...