Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Swap 009 for 090

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I have a quality 009 distributer - the dizzy of choice for John Muir fans and lovers of good old fashioned revvy motoring. It advances by about 23 degrees and is working fine. With the 009 I feel that motorway driving is the business - 75MPH is easily achieved in Wanda. However I feel an 090 would better suit my needs right now (city driving). So anyone want to swap an 009 for an 090? I don't want anything requiring TLC!! I'm giving a good working fairly new dizzy and I want the same back. I'll throw a few quid in as well if you have an exceptionally good one.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
My apologies - as pointed out my Rascal1 the 009 would be f*cked if it advanced by only 23 degrees - I meant it advances by 23 degrees from 7BTDC at idle which is a total advance of about 30 degrees by my reckoning (i.e. it would be at about 0BTDC at 0RPM). Am I right here? In other words I time it at 3500RPM where it sits at 30BTDC and then it falls back to about 7BTDC at idle - so I think that makes it a good one, but I'm open to correction. Either way I don't give a shit coz I ordered a new SVDA dizzy at aircooled.net this morning and will be throwing the 009 in the spare parts box. http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=IGD0001&cartid=

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I just reread my above post - does anyone know what I was talking about? I don't anyways. I think I got something backwards there.

The SVDA arrived yesterday anyways. It has a Pertronix already installed and looks great. Can't wait to stick it in Wanda this week and see how she goes. The only thing it didn't come with was a hose for the vacuum advance - does anyone know what is required here? Will any old bit of pipe (i.e. fuel line) do the job?

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Petty much any pipe will do. However if you look at the original piping
arrangement it used a piece of steel pipe connected at each end with
a piece of rubber.The metal pipe had a bend that was higher than the carburettor. The idea behind this was to ensure that petrol did not
drain into the vacuum chamber on the dizzy.Supposedly the petrol was hard on the diaphram. If you see one it looks decidedly odd but apparently thats the way it is supposed to be.Wanda will love the bit of vacuum...........

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Where did you get the dissy from, is it one of the aircooled.net jobs?

I'm looking forward to going back to a stock 1600 for a while: :canada:

(ignore the Terence and Philip smilie, it means nothing - just caught my eye.)