Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

stuff for sale

M

mango

wide 5 to porsche adapters new unused 50

pair of webber 36 idfs with linkage and manifolds great mpg 250
* sold *
loads of oval parts for late 55 model, floorpan, doors, lids, glass, interior,

metal beetle roof rack 175

new creative engineering irs kit complete unused cost ?505 sell E600

M

mango

the rack is the same as this one only a darker grey

what bits do you need for the oval ?

391089.jpg

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Are thoser Idf from your Mango Bus Barry. the one I rode in? If so those rock, great carbs for a 1600. Wish it wasn't christmas and I had some money. These are way beter than 40 Idf's for a 1600 in my opinion.

M

mango

Roadcow said:
Are thoser Idf from your Mango Bus Barry. the one I rode in? If so those rock, great carbs for a 1600. Wish it wasn't christmas and I had some money. These are way beter than 40 Idf's for a 1600 in my opinion.

yep thems the ones and i agree with you 100% best carbs for a 1600
i was running them on pauls old red bug this summer but since i sold that they are back gathering dust in the garage half me says keep them for my next bus and half me says feck it might never get another bus :lol:

M

mango

Coxy said:
Glad to hear it :lol:
How's the split? Should I read the thread on the split for updates???? :lol:

split is as it was few weeks ago nothing much to post about :( decided to hold off painting the chassis till the heater channels are done on the shell. i got a good used piston from norway so when it arrives the engine stuff can head off for balancing till then there`s feck all i can do really cept change my mind on a daily basis bout how it`s gonna look finished :lol:

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Are the webers suitable for a twin port 1600 in a bus
Can you run a standard vacuum distributor with them.
What part of the country are they in..

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Hey dude! What is so good about them carbs? Let's talk hard cold facts here!! How many extra MPG are we looking at? What kinda performance gains? How easy to install? How easy to tune? Do I need any other new stuff (like a trottle cable?). Are they for twin port engines only? (Roadcow is my potential new van a TP or an SP do ye know?). Is that price ? or ?? Is it negotiable?

M

mango

the carbs are a simple bolt on job the standard throttle cable works fine. the set up is pretty simple basically you just want them opening ang closing together by the same amount, you adjust this on the linkage. you can buy a simple carb balancer tool or just use a length of hose and listen to each choke to try hear are they sucking the same, personally i`d use the balancer tool :wink: as for mpg in my bus they were giving very high 30`s but it was a light bus empty in the back. as for power a stock 1600 tp motor with these fitted would be somewhere round 60-65 bhp with a decent exhaust too.
afaik you`d need to run a 009 or similar dizzy but i have a few of them too if anyone needs one.

price is in euros and is firm it includes everything needed to fit them cept a dizzy.
i`m in kilmore wexford

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
i think i'm interested dude - i'll let Rascal1 get back to you first as I am in no rush - I think these would be pencilled in for my new van. the new van has a vac dizzy but wanda has an 009 which i don't think she gets on very well with myself so a swap would be in order. anyways - yeah - see what liam says and then i'll get back to you.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
A Fellow county man. I went to the Tech in Bridgetown... In the days when there were about one hundred pupils attending and all my brothers went after me.

I would like to buy those carbs from you to try out on the blue bus.
Not a great fan off non vacuum dizzy. I assume that it is not possible to get sufficient vacuum from a balance pipe between both manifolds. Will be down that way over Christmas and we can make the exchange.
is the Silver fox still open..

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
mango said:
just the one pair of adapters

Thanks for that :D
I'm in two minds as to whether I need them or not so don't hold them on first refusal or anything like that. I travel up and down to Wexford quite a bit so I might give you a call or send you a pm the next time I'm heading in that direction...wouldn't be until the new year anyhow...