Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Non VW for sale

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Tell him to reword his ad. Nobody wants to hear "Genuine reason for sale". Everybody has a genuine reason for sale. A body in the boot or a nasty smell is a genuine reason for sale. Either put the reason or nothing at all. Mention more details about the car, interior condition, service history, safety rating, number of airbags, trim spec, even emmisions etc. He should make it sound like he's proud of his car and that its a genuine bargain (which it looks to be honest) but without sounding like Harvey Norman. Get more pics up, including some interior pics... dashboard, front seats, back seats, boot. If I was flicking through various cars on carzone (which i do), that ad at the moment would not catch my eye. Remember its an advertisement! It has to catch attention for it to work. Take my advice and believe me, he'll get much more interest and a good few calls.

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
thanks for the advice. i'll pass it on to him!
better not put the reason tho - "flat broke from buying another old car" probably wont be any help at all...

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Saw a bum with a sign on the side of the road ( most used to say "will work for food" hoping to get donations) his sign said " Will wor" which was crossed out and it said " Oh heck I just need a Beer" > I laughted so hard that I almost drove off of the road, and even though I don't drink I turned around and gave the guy a couple of bucks.