Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

my74 bug

hlbeetle

Club Member
Club Member
March 22, 2009
Fermoy, Co.Cork
Hello all,
I have had my bug on donedeal for the past 2 weeks,there s been tonnes of interest but no one comitted so i have decided to raffle it,ill have more details to follow once i know ill have the numbers to purchase the set amount of tickets that will be available,can anyone here interested log onto donedeal.ie and send me an email on the link and ill get to work on it then,might be the cheapest beetle you ever bought!!!!
Regards
Humphrey

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Hello all,
I have had my bug on donedeal for the past 2 weeks,there s been tonnes of interest but no one comitted so i have decided to raffle it,ill have more details to follow once i know ill have the numbers to purchase the set amount of tickets that will be available,can anyone here interested log onto donedeal.ie and send me an email on the link and ill get to work on it then,might be the cheapest beetle you ever bought!!!!
Regards

That sounds like a great idea, I'll take a ticket
Humphrey

Dylan, think before you enter.
This might be too rust free, for you liking? :ROFLMAO:

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I think that there might be a legal hitch under gaming law - you'd need to make sure that you're legally good to go before taking any cash

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I think that it'd be legal to run it if you joined the club and it was run within the club and not advertised outside the club...

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1956/en/act/pub/0002/sec0023.html#zza2y1956s23

Private lotteries. 23.—A lottery shall not be unlawful if—
[GA]
( a ) the sale of chances is confined to—
[GA]
(i) the members of one society established and conducted for purposes not connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries, or
[GA]
(ii) persons all of whom work or reside on the same premises, and
[GA]
( b ) there is no written notice or announcement relating to the lottery except a notice on the premises of the society or other persons concerned or to members of the society.

hlbeetle

Club Member
Club Member
March 22, 2009
Fermoy, Co.Cork
yes indeed i will be looking into every angle before ill be selling any tickets,it will be held somewhere and thats the only place the tickets will be available on the day,so it will be a first come basis and the winner will drive away in it from there so everyone gets a chance to take a good look before buying, i have been unindated with calls and texts and emails and no one comitted to buying the beetle and i had it priced at what i had spent on it at the time and mabe it was too highly priced so this is a chance for anyone that was interested to mabe end up driving away in it if their ticket is drawn out.there s no catch anywhere and i just need to try and get some of the cash i have spent on it back without all the time wasters and sunday outings with people looking at it,my head is wrecked from it and at least this way it will go on the day.Thanks for the advice and ill make sure its all legal and above board before i set a date and location

If ye are interested please email from the link

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
TBH I really don't think you'll be granted a one-off licence for this, the raffle holder isn't allowed to gain any personal profit.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
A guy did this a few months ago in Carlow,
he was raffling a truck, but he had to get a certain figure for the truck
and anything over that figure went to a charity in Carlow.

Could be a tricky one, but a great idea

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I think if you hold a 'competition' rather than a raffle/lottery you can do this without a licence. A competition is treated as a test of skill and all it needs is for a player to answer a question to enter. A fairly obvious question with an obvious answer would do i.e. what does VW stand for?