Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Looking for Karmann beetle

Poppy

November 2, 2007
Kildare
Hi everyone!
The sun's shining and I can't help it!
Anyone have a Karmann Beetle for sale. Must be in top nick!

Cheers!

Poppy

November 2, 2007
Kildare
Karmann

Karmann

I've contacted both of these... Does anyone know any history on the cars?

Thanks folks!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
PM Coxy, if that is the one he imported he can give you more details.

donegaldave

Club Member
Club Member
October 27, 2009
Newtowncunningham, Donegal
Sean Moran in Desertmartin in Co.Derry - nice old guy who restores and sells all types of classics. The last time I was there was a couple of years ago and he had a nice grey cabrio beetle which he'd had a few years but was willing to sell. Might be worth a call - Tel: (0044)2879642575 - mob: (0044)7803950709. good luck with your hunt!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Second one looks like the one Coxy imported.

That one is a 79, the first Cabrio I imported was the same colour (ish) but was a 78. The guy selling this is the guy that bought the 78 from me which he is going to start working on as soon as that one sells.
1978USConvertibleBeetle18.jpg

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
That one is a 79, the first Cabrio I imported was the same colour (ish) but was a 78. The guy selling this is the guy that bought the 78 from me which he is going to start working on as soon as that one sells.
1978USConvertibleBeetle18.jpg

What's with the single pea-shooter?

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
I could be sellin my own next year, but I just want to get a real nice paint job done on it first. Same colour, but freshin up the body coz there is lacquer comin off in spots etc. But sure, thats not til next year so thats no good to poppy! And it being a RHD 1302LS it'll be pricer than the above examples.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I know of a 77-79 Red Vert for sale here in Calif, nice body, good paint, good top advertised for $3500, was going to tell Coxy but he's skint!

It's 912s you should be looking for - I'll have a Silver 5-speed sunroof, Alice would like an 'E'. Cheers. :D

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
It's 912s you should be looking for - I'll have a Silver 5-speed sunroof, Alice would like an 'E'. Cheers. :D

I like the early ones, late 60's with the chrome grid on the back, and defo not a targa! But would have to sell the daily for that. Best of luck poppy :)