Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Irish 67 Type 3 Variant

JohnnyMickey

Club Member
Club Member
July 7, 2009
Cork
Hi all, due toother prioritie, i am looking to sell one of my project cars. Its a VW Type 3 Irish built Variant. Here is a link to it.
I have amaseed pretty much all the parts ( 98%) and Panels for it, from NOS Doors, Wings, Chrome, Rubbers etc, and they will come with the car. Happy to discuss, just PM me.
thanks

Reactions: KarMc, Coxy and Joe

vwsham

Club Member
Club Member
December 28, 2010
South Donegal
Hi all, due toother prioritie, i am looking to sell one of my project cars. Its a VW Type 3 Irish built Variant. Here is a link to it.
I have amaseed pretty much all the parts ( 98%) and Panels for it, from NOS Doors, Wings, Chrome, Rubbers etc, and they will come with the car. Happy to discuss, just PM me.
thanks
Beautiful.

JohnnyMickey

Club Member
Club Member
July 7, 2009
Cork
HJust a bit more context on this car.
The car is solid, just a lot of surface rust, it will need a bit of welding. From what I can see, 1 inch rear rain gutter, under the windscreen potentially. All 4 corners of the wheel arches, (small patches required. I haven't taken any of the panels off yet, so potentially a bit there. Sills seem solid enough, but easy to replace.

The plus side. Interior is in great shape, one small rip in headlining, but repairable. Front wings are solid 74 K on the clock. Engine turns. I have amassed all the panels for the car, all the Rubbers, all the chrome bits. under the trunk it's in super condition, as well as the engine lid. It still has the engine lid stay, super rare. The car has never been messed with, so all wiring is factory.

the car owes me €3400 I am looking for €7000 with all the parts below.

I will include the following with the car

Full ISP Rubber kit, value $795 plus shipping (€1000)

Full ISP polished stainless steel side trim set $125 Plus shipping (€150)

2x Front doors in excellent condition, no rust value €600

2 x Rear wings in excellent condition €500

1 almost NOS front bonnet €300

front and rear Bumper in show condition with overriders €700

2 x rear lights, 2 x rear reflectors, 2 x front indicators, 2 x VW side repeaters(NOS, theses sell for €120 ), 2 front headlights, all in show condition €400

2 x NOS side mirrors €200

1 antenna NOS €80

NOS Pearl White wing beading (Need to check if its complete, but have a new black one from ISP in the rubber kit that can be painted €200

NOS wheel trims and 67 only Hubcaps €300

New horn ring €40

Exhaust €250

NOS rear bench handle (super rare and hard to find)€100

Basically all the hard parts to find are with the car totalling at €4820. So €7000 is a fair price (€1220 under what i have spent)

I will also help to future proof the project with any other parts that might be needed.

I also have a LHD 67, that I will restore at some point, so measurements, templates etc can be taken from this vehicle.

I am in Bandon, Co. Cork Tel 0871615010

Thanks.

John

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Probably no surprise to you Jean, but I would give you 1200 for the 2 rear wings and the 2 doors if you decide to sell parts.
Good luck with your sale,
Tim

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
thanks
Is this still for sale just out of curiosity. If I had the money I would buy it but that’s what everyone says. I got a little interested to see what it would look like on a set of 2.0 914 wheels so I edited a set of them on to one of the pictures (I hope you don’t mind). Well that’s what I would do if I owned it.

Attachments

• 29597C45-22B7-4F57-BEC6-4F22CB37E206.png
    29597C45-22B7-4F57-BEC6-4F22CB37E206.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 146