Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Doors wanted

Poppy

November 2, 2007
Kildare
Hi,
Where is the best place to get a set of german doors for a 69 Beetle?
Really good rust free used doors might do but I reckon between paint removal etc. they might end up costing as much as new ones.

Also looking for advise on who I could get to spray and fit them.
I'm in Naas

Cheers!

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I've got a pair of good used doors. €250. I'm just over the border from Kildare in Laois, kinda between Athy and Stradbally...

the new ones you get aren't German, they're Mexican but saying that, they're pretty good quality, if quite pricey.

Bear in mind that even with brand new doors, you'll have to strip the paint from them, the paint they come coated with isn't necessarily a primer, it's more of a packing coat, to protect the steel during shipping/handling. It'll need to be stripped back prior to painting your own colour...

Poppy

November 2, 2007
Kildare
Doors

Doors

The guy in GSF Dublin told me they have German made doors for something like €270 each.
They're £145 + vat in the UK GSF catalogue
That's quite a difference. Maybe they're the mexican ones.

cormac

January 7, 2007
DUBLIN
I have bought a few set from GSF over the years vw mexico and i would use them again, if Trev's are good i would use them as good S/H doors are hard to come by. People seem to think that they can buy them cheap, so if there are doors goin cheap snap them up quick.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I will have to start bringing in more Bug doors I guess. I think the last set I sent over were 150 Euros for the pair. I quit bring in Bug doors because people in the know told me that there wasn't that much of a market for them. Whodathunk! That being said the Calif/ US doors are much heavier than the UK market doors, we had side impact bars in ours.

darragh

Club Member
Club Member
July 2, 2007
Co. kildare
hi poppy
for painting try naas crash repairs
ask for tony
he has restored a few bugs,ferraris and is a nice guy to deal with