Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] container from USA

phil

Club Member
Club Member
January 5, 2009
roscommon
This has probalby been asked several times before and I may be in the wrong forum,
but i am trying to find rough cost for shipping a container from west coast of
USA to Ireland, Sanfransisco to be more exact,

I am unsure of how it works eg, two cars per container or one, or even none at all
(shipped in the boat itself)

it would be a beetle ( not sure if weight is a factor)

Just someting i was thinking of,
i have time on my side and can wait perhaps if someone was shipping at same time and wanted to split costs,

I know details are rough, i am an estimator myself and i hate giving estimates without all the details , but is all i have for now.

Any advice appriciated,

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
Britt (Roadcow on here) would be your best bet he has shipped several containers full of goodies including my van over to Ireland from that part of the world.

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
Yep, Britt lives in San Fran and had shipped loads of containers over the years, if you ask him soon, he has a container ready to go, all but for one space so you could be in luck.

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
May have somone looking to ship a motor. I'll check with him to see if its ready to go. If he misses this one - when will you be doing another? Cheers Britt.

tonyvw

Club Member
Club Member
June 2, 2009
cork city
at the moment we are involved with shipping cars to the ukrain in a 40 ft high cube
fit 4 x mercs in each container
2 x hanging = 2 x underneth on the floor
allso space for other bits and pieces

we allso shipped in two beetles in a 20 ft from auz

above to give you some ideas

Last edited:

83mars

January 2, 2011
cork
my brother and his girlfriend are headed over to the rose bowl flea market in L.A, their going to be posting most of their stuff home to fill her shop, if it becomes a yearly thing I might just have to give him a wad of cash a trailor and directions to your place,haha(with your blessing of course)