Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Clock for a late bay dash board

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I'm looking for a clock to fit in my late bay dash board like the one in the picture. Kieft en Klok are selling them and looking for mad money for them. If any one has a working one for reasonable money let me know.

clock.jpg

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I remember paying a fortune for one years ago for my bus only to discover it was fucked. Luckily the VDO mechanism was largely unchanged over the years so an analogue VDO clock from some early '90s Opel donated its guts to replace the original Deluxe Bay clock's guts like you've pictured above.

Armed with that info, you might be able to find a cheaper "fixer upper" on ebay maybe?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
if someone had the wherewithal to repro the faces and hands you'd build a clock cheapo with the mech from another less desirable one...

there's money to be made there for an enterprising individual with contacts in the manufacturing world...

Brian T

Club Member
Club Member
November 21, 2007
Cork-a-doodle-doo baaaaai
I have one of these in mine http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1307514 and I got a repair how-to from Ratwell I think, it was surprisingly easy to do, just involved a clean, lube and had to resolder a little fused link that acts as an overload. Saying that though it doesn't keep time and I think there might be half an hour per day... Using the original front and another clock is prob a better option

A few sharp people have made comment on the nice sound of a ticking clock in a dash!

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
Here's one
08WA15.jpg

You shouldn't need a clock in a bay anyway.
I tend to adopt the I'll get there when I get there philosophy or just look at the satnav :p.

Last edited:

villagolf

Club Member
Club Member
February 19, 2012
limerick
I have one I got from house of ghia this summer. Its the large face clock fitted to pre 69 ghias. I will post a pic etc tonight . I was going to change the dash on mine but had a change of heart so spare clock on shelf.

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
I've got an og one Brian.........

It'll cost you €12000........... but I'll throw in the '73 Devon with it.............

Sorry, will not separate.............!

Let me know when you want it delivered............

Glad I could help............

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
Thanks Trev.(if you do find one i'll have to give you something it seems they're in demand) Have you got a clock for Brian too since I hijacked his thread.

You know its annoying Caddy offered me a speedo once FOC when i was up with him but I said I was grand as I was using the Sat Nav as me speedo. But no to get the van MOTd I need a working speedo. grrrrrrrr