Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Breaking early 70's Beetle 'basket case'...soon

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Im collecting an early 70's Irish beetle at the end of this week 'hopefully'; would be next week, possibly the week after before I get round to butchering in; reasonably complete, but body is 'ann summers' finest (very lacey!!)
-I'll be keeping the pan, steering colum, wiring loom, and maybe the pertol tank.
.... it has a bent front beam; (might seperate this for components; trailing arms etc), toombstone rear lamps, chrome insert window rubbers, full set of glass, a cream interior (needing recovering), all glass, decklid looks okay as does the front bulkhead panel, roof looks okay and has a good 'chrome trim deluxe dash; door handles etc and anything else needed pm me.
...all will be cheap to clear!!

...no engine as he was looking for daft money for this...

Kev

Last edited:

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
got this back to the lockup today- seems it was shunted about quite a bit since I saw it last; body was fairley 'fugged' a rear side window (chrome trim intact), and the rear window were 'saved' rest just werent there...

Has a 'nice' red interior; drivers seat is bad and a passenger door card is missing but the rest is there...
opening quarter lights, window regulators etc.

Rear bulkhead is mint, the front bulkhead is useable with a small patch, and the drivers rear quarter isnt bad for an original bug; bumper hangers etc, engine side tray panels also look useable...

Most of it will be getting dumped (at the council recycling depot), as I am only interested in the pan from this, so pm or reply on here if theres anything you need for a bug....

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
the matts up front didnt look the best and were binned; the rear ones are still in it, and whole filthy the look okay; cream rubber being the original colour/material... free if you want it 411 guy
axles; Im unsure whether or not I'll be using this or another gearbox, and someone has already enquired via pm about taking the 'bent axle'.
It'll be first come first served on all the bits tho, as this and all the bits are taking up room!!

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Bump; still have the remains of the shell; front bulkead looks repairable -some holed rust on either side, but not major; anyone wants it contact me via pm, for details on collecting it...
Other bits like decent rear seat back (red), and base (black), some shamrock glass, wing windows, red door panels, radio blanking plate etc etc.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
@ natian -they are toombstone style rear lamps 68 on...

411 guy; all doorcards bar the passenger side front door card were present; ox blood red in colour. I also have a pair of black door cards from a 68 beetle - bit warped from damp/water damage.
he wanted €250 for the engine; had a new coil and dizzy, so maybe thats the 'justification' -wasnt sure what size it was ie 1200/1300 -I thought it was a bit inflated for an unknow quantity engine... if you are interested in it at that price I can ask if its still there, but hes not one for haggling...

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I have one red door card in the loft that might complete the set for 411guy. I'll check tomorrow if it's a passenger door one...

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Like an aladain's cave, that loft of yours Trevor!!

Dont seem to be that common these red interiors; would look well 'pimpin' in a cream, white or black resto cal bug...

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Bump; need shot of bits like rear seat base n back, glass and the door cards -free on collection these bits otherwise twill all get slung out.
Also some beetle steelies; tyres are rotten; free on collection again...

walshe

Club Member
Club Member
August 3, 2009
athy
if nobody wants them, i will take it all. only problem is i dont have a van, could ya be presueded(spelling) to deliver for a price ??????.

btw did ya get that filter housing fitted to your caddy?

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
@walshe; I am using the filter housing at the mo on the caddy, and running it daily; thanks again for that.
where are you base Walshe? Im going north (well longford lol) he end of Oct for a gearbox; could sling the lot in the back of the caddy and drop it all off to you on the way up...?