Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] 1500 engine

twisted-bug

Club Member
Club Member
June 11, 2011
dublin
Engines been sitting on the kitchen floor for the last year and all the other bits in the spare room:) Am to busy for the moment to do much with it.Looking for €150 ono. Few other bits lying around the place too,bumpers, spindles etc.

twisted-bug

Club Member
Club Member
June 11, 2011
dublin
saw it running when i bought it. Probably needs a rebuild but no end float and all the bits are there.Crome on the bumpers is terrible,probably only good for a ratlook bug.pics ina bit

twisted-bug

Club Member
Club Member
June 11, 2011
dublin
just havent gotten around to putting everything back together again…yet:) its been sitting in the corner of the kitchen since it came off the car, im in blanchardstown if you wanna take a look.

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org
just havent gotten around to putting everything back together again…yet:) its been sitting in the corner of the kitchen since it came off the car, im in blanchardstown if you wanna take a look.

Yeah wouldn't mind having a look. Am in Tallaght myself so could pop across any evening (bar Mondays). Any particular reason you stripped it down?

PS: I'm broke too, but not broke enough to maybe miss out on another 1500, especially if it's a runner...! :)

Last edited:

twisted-bug

Club Member
Club Member
June 11, 2011
dublin
stripped it to clean it,got thefan shroud in primer but stuff just keeps gettong in the way.all the bits are there,if its there anothwr few weeks im probably gonna put it all back together and get bacl to woek on the vrod. I like to dream big,lol.pmed my number,am here most evenings.

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org
stripped it to clean it,got thefan shroud in primer but stuff just keeps gettong in the way.all the bits are there,if its there anothwr few weeks im probably gonna put it all back together and get bacl to woek on the vrod. I like to dream big,lol.pmed my number,am here most evenings.

Thanks, just got that. Will arrange over the next day or two to drop over.

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org
Am collecting this 1500 probably over the weekend :) Just one thing, a curiosity, aside from the engine code on the dynamo/alternator stand there are additional numbers stamped onto the top of the engine block. Anyone know why they'd be there? I have heard of rebuilt or modified engines being stamped for identification by companies who rebuilt them, could that be the case with this one...?

Any info appreciated, and like I say, more curiosity than anything else...!

Ta.

Marathon Man

November 1, 2006
Tallaght, Dublin
www.myvws.org
As 'Lorcan' suggested back then... "Take a head off and mesure the bore, done in 5 min on the bench. its only 8 nuts, have your torque rench handy!"... Did you ever do this to determine what it is...?

As I mentioned yesterday, am looking for a genuine 1500, not a 'bastard lovechild' (as you so eloquently put it...!) - as I already have a 1200 in the Marathon and a 1300 on my garage floor...!

Ta.

darragh

Club Member
Club Member
July 2, 2007
Co. kildare
well i would imagine most people would decide to rebuild a 1300 or a 1500 depending on the parts they have available