Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Anybody got these bits lying around their garage......

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I'm looking for a 12 volt starter motor for a beetle. (are there differences between years?)

Looking for a section of heater pipe for under a late bay. There's a break in my pipe from about half way along to just under the cab.

Also after both sun visors for a late bay. (Are they handed?)

I'm hoping to make it to the AGM so if you have any of these and are attending I could collect then.

Thanks

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
have a pair of sunvisors for bay window. the "pegs" are missing off both of them, the bit that pops into the clip near the rear viw mirror. Could be epaired with a length of dowel I reckon.

Yours for free if you want a mini project. Can bring to AGM on Monday :)

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Nice one Trev. You're a gent. I have the lhs side one but it isn't in great condition. I'm sure I can nick the bits I need from it though. I'll diy the rhs one.
Thanks!!

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
I'm looking for a 12 volt starter motor for a beetle. (are there differences between years?)

Looking for a section of heater pipe for under a late bay. There's a break in my pipe from about half way along to just under the cab.

Also after both sun visors for a late bay. (Are they handed?)

Ive a couple of beetle starters; not tested them all, one or two deffo 'have no action' via a batterey and jump leads, but Id say they could be recond'...

,,,I'll have a look at that pipe; under the front cab? all that will be coming off mine anyhow...

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Ive a couple of beetle starters; not tested them all, one or two deffo 'have no action' via a batterey and jump leads, but Id say they could be recond'...

,,,I'll have a look at that pipe; under the front cab? all that will be coming off mine anyhow...
Thanks. I actually have 3 starters but one won't turn and the other 2 are intermittently sticking. I thought about getting them reconditioned but don't know where.
The pipe is a section from roughly midway between the front/back wheels and to just under the cab.

Teresa Dollery

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2007
Limerick
Kev, theres a guy on the Ballysimon road who does auto electrics, Christy Madden. He's located behind my work, turn in at Hegartys.
He should be able to sort it for you.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Eircooled Pony Express those visors to you Kev?

me > Coxy's dad's place this weekend

Coxy > Breakfast roll the week later

that is if the O'Toole's will oblige?

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Planning to make it to the Breakfast roll so I can take it from young O'Toole and give it to Rez...hope that helps...

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Thanks Trev. Appreciated!

Just to update this: I should be sorted for the starter motor now but I'm still after that heater pipe if anyone has a section before I diy something?

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
I actually have 3 starters but one won't turn and the other 2 are intermittently sticking. I thought about getting them reconditioned but don't know where.

There an auto electrician in clonmel (irishtown) who will recondition a starter; hes down an alley near Sean O'Donoghue's old premises...
..any auto electrician should be able to recondition a starter for you 70/80/90 lids usually...

I'm still after that heater pipe if anyone has a section before I diy something?

I'll have a look at that pipe again (not been near my lockup for a bit!) and see what nick its in...