Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Beetle Convertible

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
With such great weather this summer convertibles are in great demand, so grab this one while you can. Nice winter project, you'll have it ready in time for rainy season next year.

I'm in the process of registering it on Irish plates at the moment so if anyone is interested in buying it and have a preference for their own county reg then get in touch! Ph , car is in Wexford.
It will be registered as a '63, as it has a 1963 pan, shell is from '67.
Price: € ***SOLD ***
DSCN2629.jpg

Last edited:

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Someone's gonna get a seriously good bargain and I for one will be bitterly jealous.!Love this but ain't got the cash:verysad:

Best of luck with the sale..

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
If I knew where to get a top done reasonably I'd be all over this like a rash!

U could just tuck the roof frame away under a cover and take it out only on sunny days........oh wait, this is Ireland. You'd probably get caught in a downpour!

matara

Club Member
Club Member
May 17, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Britt, this book has a full how to with pictures on replacing a roof on an early bug and a 1302. I can scan it for you if you want. You can buy a kit from Chucks convertibles to do the roof.

manual.jpg

I have one I need to do on my 61 German looker.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Thanks Steve,
Ther's even a much better sticky on the Samba in the Ghia section
"71 Vert Top install" or something like that which is very in-depth. It scares me the labor intensive top install.