Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Coxy the legend!!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Just got a few pictures on my phone of some very rare bits Cathal has picked up for my Audi. He's only gone and found not one but two original chrome door mirrors for my '73 Audi 80, one of them might even be NOS!! "Hen's teeth" is a metaphor too frequently used but I can't think of a better one! I'll let him fill in the hows and wheres when he's back online but suffice to say he has an eye for this kind of trinkety thing!

I owe you one Cathal, I'm thrilled :)

oh, I can't get the pictures off my ancient mobile phone so ye'll have to wait. It's operated by clockwork and I've lost the key :ROFLMAO:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Good guy for sure, and a very nice write up in this months Volksworld on Limerick 2010.

Also I get a kick when eircooled.com keeps getting referenced. Don't know how many
reads click on here after that but still I'm not complainging.

BRENDANGOBRIEN

Club Member
Club Member
November 11, 2008
clare
I think that Mr O Toole has a built in magnet when it comes to finding NOS parts. Always finds really nice and rare parts.I'd say your over the moon Trev.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Can we block Coxy from this thread, we can't allow for his head to get bigger?? lol

Also it'll kill him if he can't see it.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I learnt from the best bud, all is well i hope buddy, how is your pride and joy coming along.

Comin along grand thanks goin out again today so should have it ready for paint by this evenin. Thats another story for a different thread we don't want to infringe on coxys swelled head thread!!!!!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I met the man himself on his way home tonight and he came bearing gifts!! The NOS "Frese" mirror is lovely, it's the right side door mirror and will be the finishing touch for the car :)

DSCF6829Medium.jpg

DSCF6831Medium.jpg

he also got a nifty "hagus" mirror with a 70/30 split for blindspot elimination, used but in perfect original condition.

DSCF6830Medium.jpg

DSCF6841Medium.jpg

so to say I'm happy with them would be an understatement!

as well as the mirrors he spied a nice "Audi" script badge for the boot

DSCF6844Medium.jpg

unfortunately it's a shade too big to suit the 80 (it might be from a 100?) but it's a nice piece nonetheless.

however, the piece-de-resistance of the entire haul of parts was a month's supply of Germany's finest hotel bog roll. God bless you Cathal :ROFLMAO:

here's just some of it:
DSCF6842Medium.jpg

Last edited: