Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Tramore Oceanic surf and sea festival 2010 Sunday 26th September

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
under pressure to get the orange bug back up n running...if it is i should be ok for this.

can ya not just use one of the other cars ya have lyin around??? i'll prob be down to this early enough if i don't have a match and it'll be after dinner if i do. what time does it go onto?

Last edited:

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
can ya not just use one of the other cars ya have lyin around??? ?

wish i could...

blue bug = prob loose flywheel ( next job to be tackled)
red bug = project ( longterm. prob gonna be a full body off resto)
orange bug = new rings etc...but work progressing well
gold bug = dont trust it enough yet for long journeys ( have a plan up my sleeve...all will be revealed in good time!)

plus im back to work, so time playing with the cars has really been curtailed.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
wish i could...

blue bug = prob loose flywheel ( next job to be tackled)
red bug = project ( longterm. prob gonna be a full body off resto)
orange bug = new rings etc...but work progressing well
gold bug = dont trust it enough yet for long journeys ( have a plan up my sleeve...all will be revealed in good time!)

plus im back to work, so time playing with the cars has really been curtailed.

yeah right work!! your not exactly a great advertisment for the vw franchise there liam! with the amount of vw's ya have a spare engine knockin around the garage prob wouldn't amiss ( i'm great at spendin other peoples money) but fair play with your progress. cheers rocky too

GaryC

Club Member
Club Member
February 29, 2008
Tramore, Waterford
Sunday 26th September 2010

1. Rez
2. Beetlebug
3. Rocky
4. GaryC
5. MattC
I would like it if the organisers actually organised something or instead gave us permission to organise the display!!! - Then we could do something really cool and make an effort / vw show out of it

So Ann's more or less given ya permission to organise the display, what do ya have in mind?

Ann

August 12, 2009
waterford
Hi Everyone,

Is there anything in particular you guys need organised?

We haveSurf and Sea Programme 2010.jpg put you on the programme (as in website name) I'll try upload it :)
If someone would liek to get in touch with me please and let me know what you might -email me at annpower123@yahoo.co.uk

There are alot of events on thoughout the weekend some of you may be interested in making a weekend of it :) some info below.....

Free Family Fun at Tramore Oceanic Surf and Sea Festival September 23 -26

Lovers of the Seaside will be descending on Tramore for the third annual Tramore Oceanic Surf and Sea Festival from September 23 to 26 to join in one of the manyfreeevents andworkshops featuring on the festival programme.
Free Irish Wildlife Trust Seaweed Workshops, Eco Walks, Seafood Foraging, Green Energy and a Coastal Eco Workshop with Coastwatch Ireland all feature on the programme. The festival programme also features a ‘Farmer’s and Country Market Extravaganza’ on the Promenade, half price surf hire and lessons from all four surf schools, dry sailing tuition, Rock-painting with the Middle Earth Venture Scouts, Face-painting, a Non-Electrical Picnic and for the car lovers a classic Volkswagen display, a 60 place free Ladies Surf Weekend, Festival Special Menu’s at The Towns Restaurants a Mini Surf Film Festival and much more.
An old tradition of the bathing women of Tramore, of carrying seaweed dolls along the promenade and then later throwing them into the sea, will be revived, where on Sunday 26, at the festival close, a parade with the Sea Shanty singers The Hooks and Crooks, will take place along the Tramore promenade parading a ten foot seaweed doll which will then be tossed into the sea just like our seaside ancestors did nearly 100 years ago.
A full programme of activities can be viewed on www.oceanics.ie or find us on Facebook. Festival special accommodation rates can be found on www.tramoretourism.net

Ann

August 12, 2009
waterford
Hi Everyone,
BTW - The Custom & Classic Bike Show is on Saturday 25th & Sun26th September at Tramore Racecourse.
On the Saturday night there is always a brilliant line up of bands and good craic to be had - camping is free and admission of the main stage area on Saturday night is €20.00

Perhaps it would be worth making a weekend of it and coming along down to the Promende on Sunday for the VW Display and the Surf and Sea Festival fun!!

Ann.

Ann

August 12, 2009
waterford
OK, guys we would really like a show of VW's on the Promenade again this year which looks AMAZING last year....
So, We have arranged a 'Best in Show' prize to hopefully encourage a brilliant turn out...

The prize is One Nights B & B and dinner for two in The Grand Hotel, Tramore with Dinner for two in the Hotel's Doneraile Restaurant And a Surf Lesson for two people with Oceanics Surf School.

Hope o see you all Sunday! Oh and the forecast looks just great :)

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I might take a run down from Dublin on Sunday if I manage to get some decent work done in the garage on saturday.

Whats the weather forecast like for the weekend?

Great prize being offered too!