Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Wanted - 1968 Beetle Front Seats

richie868

July 6, 2010
Dublin
I'm looking for a pair of front seats for my 1968 Beetle. They are the L Shaped runners. I don't mind the colour or condition as I will be recovering them. I found a guy selling them in the UK but he insists on collection so it's way to expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Hi Richie868,

Was I speaking to you at Terenure?
I'm sure someone might have something.
Welcome to Eircooled.

Set up a new thread with your car, would be nice to see.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Collection from the UK might not be as expensive as you might think. You should be able to ship a pallet from the UK for about £50-80, depending on who quotes you?

richie868

July 6, 2010
Dublin
Hi Richie868,

Was I speaking to you at Terenure?
I'm sure someone might have something.
Welcome to Eircooled.

Set up a new thread with your car, would be nice to see.

Yeah, I was speaking to you on Sunday alright. Thanks for the pointers, they're already being put to use!

I'll get a few photos of the car and stick them up.

richie868

July 6, 2010
Dublin
I have an interior but not sure about the runners,what do you mean by L shaped?

This is the L Shaped runner:

.JPG
corbeau_70s_style_bucket_seat_under.JPG

This is the T shaped runner on later models:

beetle%20front%20seats

If you look at the mounting on the floor, it either looks like an upside down L, or a right way up T

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
Collection from the UK might not be as expensive as you might think. You should be able to ship a pallet from the UK for about £50-80, depending on who quotes you?
UK collection is reasonable at the moment. I paid The Pallet Network 100euro for europallet collected from Scotland. Check here for the local member in your area.
http://tpn.ie/members.php